What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
What personal information do we collect from the people that call in to our warehouse, or place an order by phone?
When ordering in our warehouse or by phone, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and other details to help you with your experience.
If calling in to our warehouse this information is also recorded to meet the trading requirements of our premises.
If ordering online or in our warehouse your credit or debit card details are securely encrypted and are not stored or accessible to us.
If ordering by phone for delivery, we will need to take your card details. However, we will take payment at the earliest opportunity and then destroy any record of your card details. If we are unable to fulfil your phone order within 48 hours, then we will not take your details at that time, but will call you back once the product is available.
If you prefer not to pay by card, then we can offer an alternative on request.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our website, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and products in which you are most interested.
• To allow us to better help you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
• To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
• Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
• Understand and save users’ preferences for future visits.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Google and other third-party vendors
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick Dynamic Advertising Reporting & Targeting (DART) cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our users based on previous visits to our site and other sites on the Internet.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website, and have implemented the following:
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
• DoubleClick Platform Integration
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles
. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties comply with GDPR, have a legitimate interest and agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Protection of Children’s Data
Although we do not sell alcohol, and are therefore not governed by licensing laws, we do not specifically sell or market to children under the age of 18 years old as a matter of principle.
We do not collect information about age from any customer, and cannot be held responsible for children registering on our website.
Data Breach Policy
In the event of a data breach:
- We will issue an alert to customers via our website, blog and social media, and by posting a notice at our premises within 48 hours.
- We will notify all customers by email within 10 business days, where we hold an email address.
- We will notify all other customers by telephone within 10 business days.
There are regulations that establish the requirements for commercial messages, give recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to enquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
We agree to:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Change of Details
If any of your contact details change, it is your responsibility to update your information either through your online account, or by emailing us at email@example.com
If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, wish to know what information we hold for you as a customer, or want us to delete your information, you can email us and we will promptly remove your details from our records.
Unit 7 Riverside Park,
Last Edited on 24/05/2018